Who we are & what we do
Alliance Healthcare's origins are deeply rooted in community healthcare: the company was founded under the UniChem brand over 70 years ago by a group of London pharmacists, to serve independent pharmacy.
Today at Alliance Healthcare we continue to maintain this strong service-based culture and we are dedicated to working in partnership with pharmacists and manufacturers to improve healthcare in our communities.
Working with our partners, we provide an innovative range of wholesale distribution and related services for the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
Our Distribution Services
- Alliance Healthcare supplies medicines and other healthcare products to all pharmacies, hospitals and health centres throughout the UK
Medium and shortline
- OTC Direct is a supplier of generic and parallel imported pharmaceuticals as well as UK Surgicals.
- North West Ostomy Supplies (NWOS) is a leading specialist surgical appliance wholesaler, providing ostomy, incontinence and wound care products to patients and primary care contractors in the UK.
Alphega Pharmacy offers a comprehensive range of added-value services to independent pharmacy customers, including branding, professional training and patient care, retail support services and supply benefits together with pharmacy and IT support.
Alphega Pharmacy is focused on building a network of independent pharmacists across Europe under a shared brand. At 31 March 2013, it had more than 4,700 independent pharmacy members in six countries (including its associate in Italy). Alphega Pharmacy works increasingly closely with vivesco, Alliance Healthcare Deutschland's network of around 1,100 German pharmacies to enhance the range of services offered by both and ‘Kring-apotheek' in the Netherlands, whose individual pharmacies are rebranding over time as Alphega Apotheek.
Alcura provides innovative and specialised healthcare services that meet the needs of healthcare professionals, our business partners and over 150,000 patients across Europe.*
Our name Alcura, derived from the Latin definition of ‘cura' meaning care, reflects our dedication to patient care.
Our full range of global services are categorised in to five key areas: clinical homecare, medicine support, dispensing services, medicine preparation and clinical trial support.
We have extensive experience in the United Kingdom (UK) for provision of clinical patient care. Until 1 March 2013 we traded under the name Central Homecare Limited, and therefore have established our credibility, knowledge and experience over many years.
Support to patients in the UK is provided through our own team of specialist nurses and advisors. We pride ourselves in having excellent working relationships with NHS teams, the pharmaceutical industry and logistics partners which together enable us to deliver and support excellent clinical patient care.
* Walgreens Boots Alliance statistics. Correct at 31 March 2014
- Almus Generics — our award-winning branded range of generic medicines, leads the way in product packaging, focused on improved selection, accuracy in dispensing and patient safety.
- Almus Over the Counter — a quality alternative to leading brands, Almus also offers a range of over the counter products that pharmacists and their patients can trust.
- Alvita — our international branded range of patient care products including surgical, diagnostics, orthopaedics and everyday health & hygiene.
* Twice daily deliveries, Monday to Friday throughout mainland Britain. One delivery on Saturday. No deliveries on Sunday or Bank Holidays. There may be exceptions in more remote areas.