Who we are & what we do
Alliance Healthcare's origins are deeply rooted in community healthcare: the company was founded under the UniChem brand over 70 years ago by a group of London pharmacists, to serve independent pharmacy.
Today at Alliance Healthcare we continue to maintain this strong service-based culture and we are dedicated to working in partnership with pharmacists and manufacturers to improve healthcare in our communities.
Working with our partners, we provide an innovative range of wholesale distribution and related services for the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
Our distribution services
- Alliance Healthcare supplies medicines and other healthcare products to all pharmacies, hospitals and health centres throughout the UK
Medium and shortline
- Cordia Healthcare offers a wide range of healthcare and over the counter products, with twice-daily delivery*. It is the supply chain partner of choice in the UK for many global pharmaceuticals suppliers.
- OTC Direct is a supplier of generic and parallel imported pharmaceuticals as well as UK Surgicals.
- North West Ostomy Supplies (NWOS) is a leading specialist surgical appliance wholesaler, providing ostomy, incontinence and wound care products to patients and primary care contractors in the UK.
UDG is a pre-wholesaling joint venture company owned by Alloga (Alliance Healthcare's European pre-wholesale business) and United Drug. UDG distributes pharmaceuticals and over-the-counter medicines in the UK, providing a total distribution partnership service with unique added value features.
Alphega Pharmacy offers a comprehensive range of added-value services to independent pharmacy customers, including branding, professional training and patient care, retail support services and supply benefits together with pharmacy and IT support.
Alphega Pharmacy is focused on building a network of independent pharmacists across Europe under a shared brand. At 31 March 2013, it had more than 4,700 independent pharmacy members in six countries (including its associate in Italy). Alphega Pharmacy works increasingly closely with vivesco, Alliance Healthcare Deutschland's network of around 1,100 German pharmacies to enhance the range of services offered by both and ‘Kring-apotheek' in the Netherlands, whose individual pharmacies are rebranding over time as Alphega Apotheek.
Alcura (formerly Central Homecare) is one of the fastest growing homecare providers in the UK. We place patients at the centre of our care, and ensure that all aspects of a patient's needs are fully thought through.
We have the capabilities and experience to provide straightforward home delivery, suited to the patient's lifestyle, through to complex clinical homecare.
Our specialist knowledge and thorough understanding of clinical needs means we can can provide flexible and cost effective patient support solutions, whilst providing the highest level of patient care.
- Almus Generics — our award-winning branded range of generic medicines, leads the way in product packaging, focused on improved selection, accuracy in dispensing and patient safety.
- Almus Over the Counter — a quality alternative to leading brands, Almus also offers a range of over the counter products that pharmacists and their patients can trust.
- Alvita — our international branded range of patient care products including surgical, diagnostics, orthopaedics and everyday health & hygiene.
* Twice daily deliveries, Monday to Friday throughout mainland Britain. One delivery on Saturday. No deliveries on Sunday or Bank Holidays. There may be exceptions in more remote areas.