Alliance Healthcare is the leading distributor and wholesaler of pharmaceutical, medical and healthcare products.
We deliver products to all of the nation's 15,800+ dispensing points — community pharmacies, dispensing doctors and hospitals. Through our network of distribution centres, we provide twice daily delivery to our customers throughout the UK.
- 12,000 product lines available twice a day*
- 9,000 products available next day
- 2.2 million items picked per day
- 6,300 customer calls handled per day
- 16,500 dispensing points to reach twice a day
- 26,000 deliveries per day
- 42 million miles are driven per year
- 50,000 totes and 6,000 parcels per day
We pride ourselves on the consistently high service levels we provide to our customers — frequency of delivery, product availability, delivery accuracy, timeliness and reliability at competitive prices. We also offer pharmacists innovative added-value services which help them to develop their own businesses.
We work closely with pharmaceutical manufacturers who are increasingly changing and adapting their approaches to distribution.
Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance is the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise in the world. Our purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives.
Walgreens Boots Alliance was created through the combination of Walgreens and Alliance Boots in December 2014. This transaction brought together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted healthcare services through pharmaceutical wholesaling and community pharmacy care, dating back more than 100 years.
The Company, with a presence in more than 25* countries, employs over 370,000* people and is the largest retail pharmacy, health and daily living destination in the USA and Europe, and (including equity method investments) is:
- the global leader in pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing retail with over 12,800* stores in 11* countries
- the largest global pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution network with over 340* distribution centers delivering to more than 180,000† pharmacies, doctors, health centers and hospitals each year in 19* countries
- the world's largest purchaser of prescription drugs and many other health and wellbeing products
The Company's size, scale, and expertise will help us to expand the supply, and address the rising cost of, prescription drugs in the USA and worldwide.
The Company has:
- unmatched supply chain and procurement expertise, offering customers innovative solutions and optimal efficiencies
- a portfolio of retail and business brands, including Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance Healthcare, as well as increasingly global health and beauty product brands, such as No7 and Botanics
- diversified and robust profit pools across the USA, Europe and key emerging markets
- a unique platform for growth in developed and emerging markets
By leveraging these advantages and opportunities, as well as the full benefit of our best practices and expertise, Walgreens Boots Alliance will be positioned to create substantial incremental efficiency, synergy and growth opportunities.
The creation of Walgreens Boots Alliance provides an opportunity to further accelerate the development of a fully integrated, global platform for the future to provide innovative ways to address health and wellness challenges. Our Company is well positioned to expand customer offerings in existing markets and become the health and wellbeing partner of choice in emerging markets.
Twice daily deliveries: Monday to Friday throughout mainland Britain. One delivery on Saturday. No deliveries on Sunday or Bank Holidays. There may be exceptions in more remote areas.
* As at 30 November 2014 including equity method investments on a pro-forma basis excluding Alliance Healthcare Italia which ceased to be an equity method investment of Alliance Boots in December 2014
† For year ended 30 November 2014 including equity method investments on a pro-forma basis excluding Alliance Healthcare Italia which ceased to be an equity method investment of Alliance Boots in December 2014